Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thank You / Goodbye

First, thank you to all of the bus drivers, airplane pilots, ship captains, train engineers, taxi drivers, canoe tillers, and motocab maniacs for getting me safely where I wanted to go; I didn´t always think we were going to make it (for that matter, thanks to everyone else on the road, water, sky, etc. that didn´t crash into us). I´m assuming that all goes well my last day here in South America, and that my flight gets home just fine.

Thanks also to my family and friends and coworkers, who supplied encouragement along the way. Many thanks to the people I met on my journey, you guys are great and made my trip great. It wouldn´t have been the same without you.

Thanks to everyone who looked at my photos on Flickr. There are a few more photos to upload, but most of the good ones are online. The most viewed photo, if you´re curious, is actually not mine-- it´s a photo Rohith Modgil of Scotland took of me prancing on the salt flats. The second most viewed photo is a picture of my beard that I took my first day in South America-- I find that hilarious!

And of course thanks most of all to YOU, the reader; I hope you were enlightened, or inspired or motivated-- maybe to make some travels of your own. If you do, be sure to write.

2 comments:

Big Mac said...

It was a great joy to read about your adventures. BTW was there a big tourist trap selling firecrackers and ice cream when you crossed the equator???
I will miss checking your blog daily . . . ok, every time I logged on.
Keep us posted on volume two.

r.l.guild. said...

Will you still write Doug!? Please... I want to know what you are up to with that plot of land and all.