Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gone but not Forgotten

Sometimes life on the run is like that Pixies song ¨Where is my Mind?¨ A list of things lost along the way (hopefully not to be updated too soon) :

Alarm clock-- left at home; so far I´ve made do with just my watch alarm
Sunglasses (bought in the USA, made in China)-- left with the alarm clock
Sunglasses (bought in Argentina, made in the USA)-- broke the first week
Pack Towel-- left in Buenos Aires
Knit hat-- lost in restaurant, found in restaurant

My mindset is devolving into a compulsive pattern of wallet, check; passport, check; camera, check; everything else being incidental. Which reminds me of a guy I met recently who has been traveling for some 19 years now with only a canvas sling bag. He travels light since all he really needs are his flute (don´t ask) and a change of clothes. Enlightened? You be the judge.

No comments: